Saturday, August 28, 2010

Welcome to my life in Seoul!

For my first post, I would like to present to you my oasis in this incredible city, my haven in the beautiful foreignness - my home for the next four months!

The street where I live. [My building is on the far right.]


I had to stand outside of my room to take this. My bathroom has a window, toilet, shower, & sink.
Fridge, bookshelf (with lots of food), desk, pictures of loved ones!
I'm standing in my bathroom to take this shot.
Quite large by Korean standards, and quite comfy.  I have a password to get onto my floor, a key to get into my room, and a shoe locker out in the hall.  (Like many traditional Korean places, you have to remove your shoes before entering.)  I even have air conditioning, which has been much appreciated during this past hot (and rainy) week!  Supposedly, during the winter, the floor will be heated - a Korean idea which I find rather lovely. And, to top it off, it's only a five minute walk away from where most of my classes will be!

Check back later for posts on the food, Korea University, and my explorations in the city and beyond!  I hope to post two or three times a week, but I'll try to add interesting tidbits about Korean culture whenever I observe them.  I hope you enjoy!  I miss all my family and friends, and this is my way of sharing my adventures with you!

Saranghae,

Kate in Korea

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! I'm a novice at this - can other people read what I post? Makes me think of Julie and Julia! Can't wait to hear more. Will tell everyone about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate!!! I am so excited for you and so glad you are settling in well. Your little home is very cute and snuggly. I miss you! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures :).

    ReplyDelete