Tuesday, November 23, 2010

International Student Festival

For the International Student Festival, 25 countries were represented by exchange students from that country and a team of helpful Korean students.  Each country's booth was set up in People's Square on campus from 10 AM until 4 PM.  And, all day long, the different countries served their native food and drink!  Vroni and I got there early, so we made the rounds for both breakfast and lunch, nabbing crepes and ratatouille from France, chocolates from Switzerland, mulled wine and goulash from Hungary, fried dough filled with meat from Kazakhstan, sopapillas from Chile, and beer and sausages from Germany.  

And then we spent way too much time playing with Legos at the Danish booth. (Who knew Legos were Danish?!)  I had fun seeing all of my friends decked out in their national garb (and getting to eat their food!).  I have to give Korea University credit on this one - what a great way to learn about the world! 
Vroni and I made a Danish viking hat from Legos!



Vroni plays Wilhelm Tell!
Iya in Russian garb!
Vroni and me on our travels to France!
Yes, I am eating a chicken foot.



1 comment:

  1. Ahhh we used to have international day at my school in japan and do the same stuff!!! So much fun eating all the yummy food from around the world!

    ReplyDelete